Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Shield Bash Marvel's Odin

Well, once again it happened, I bought a toy for my son and ended up wanting it.
I did really give it to him, and no, I didn't take it back. Though I could probably take the figure and he would not notice; he's that fixated on the gimmick sword and shield. As much as I badmouth the oversized accessories that come with these, apparently some kids really like them.

As for the figure itself, it's a pretty decent likeness of Odin Allfather as portrayed in the film by Sir Anthony Hopkins. He did fairly well (well, duh, he's Anthony Hopkins) though I did think he was a bit soft-spoken for the role in most scenes. The figure's articulation is in all of the right places, though a bit restrictive in what angles it will attain. The cape is plastic, and detachable. Unlike the one from the earlier Thor figure I reviewed, Odin's will actually stay on him, largely due to his sculpted on hair. The accessories, while actually pretty neat (I like the buzz saw shield) are too big, barely fitting in his hand and tipping him over if you can get them to fit.

I will admit, 3.75" action figures of Deities are something that amuses me greatly.

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

2 comments:

jboypacman said...

Great little review of this figure am waiting to see if i run across the Warriors Three myself.

CounterFett said...

I saw all three at a target on sunday and didn't get any. Hope I don't regret that. I just want a Destroyer, and the different Frost Giants.