Saturday, September 17, 2011

Skeletor: An Out Of The Package Review.

Better late than never, I guess. Who even remembers I had this? I had put it away in the garage after my original post, and promptly forgot to open and review it. Then a few days ago, I was rummaging through the garage for a reward for my son, and stumbled upon this two pack (I gave him Lex Luthor). What serendipity. If stumbling upon a lord of purest evil can be considered good fortune, I suppose.
With the mandatory backstory out of the way, I can tell you that ol' Skelley sure lived up to my expectations. He really has all of the charm of the original figures, but with all of the modern articulation and sculpting niceties we have come to expect in the intervening 30 years. My only problem is that my Skeletor has the same problems as Mario's in that it has some pretty week knee and ankle joints. It makes standing him somewhat precarious. As these joints will tend to loosen more as time progresses, this might be a good candidate for display rather than rough play.
I like the little scabbard on the back for his sword. It seems like all of the toys I have been getting lately have this. In this case, it is a nice touch, and a throwback to the original toys.
"Remember Kids, Kel-Dor loves you thiiiiiiiiis much."

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

1 comment:

jboypacman said...

I have this one and he is very cool Skeletor has all ways been a favorite of mine.