Friday, September 23, 2011

Space Hulk! My Kids Have Fun With Aliens In The Deep Of Space

That's right folks,JuniorFett and LittleLadyFett faced off last night in a game of First edition Space Hulk. Since the boy doesn't know how to use the facing and shooting rules yet, we played genestealers vs. genestealers. Also, I was too lazy to get out the painted models, so they used the Halo plastics that came with my modular board.

Things started out pretty badly for the Covenant.
One thing I had not thought about was that two genestealer armies takes a lot of the strategy out of the game, but what it lacks in tactics, it more than makes up in ferocity! Here, Covenant Forces (led by my daughter) begin to turn the tide.
I often say that the reason my kids can beat me at Space Hulk is because of their ridiculous dice rolling. This is what I mean by that. This was the clutch, combat roll that pretty much decided the game. I ought to have them roll my stats for D&D characters.
The last face off, mano a mano. In the end the covenant won, with the Arbiter crushing the lone Marine. Both kids had fun, and their old man was aghast at the sheer number of sixes rolled during the contest. Maybe I should have them roll my assault cannon shots as well...

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

3 comments:

eriochrome said...

I remember my 3 year old at the time watching my brother and I play space hulk. Ofcourse no one was being killed but many were being sent to time out.

http://twilight40k.blogspot.com/2009/12/gaming-with-family.html

CounterFett said...

Hahaha. That's terrific. My kids are pretty realistic. My daughter, the older one, says they get 'owees', while my sone, who is only 4, says he 'fought them dead.'

Loquacious said...

I have to say I am glad to see the Fett household continuing to game! I have been introducing my kids to some games with mixed results- my son plays Tau now and then and my daughter likes to go "pew pew" but won't PLAY.