Sunday, September 18, 2011

Thousand Posts Extravaganza!

Well this is it folks. After having the blog for three and a half years, and actively posting for slightly less than two, I have hit an amazing 1000 posts. It's been a pretty wild ride! I couldn't decide what I wanted to do for the 1000th post, since it's just an arbitrary number, and I don't really have anything super cool going on right now. Besides, I know there are a few drafts in there that shouldn't count, but also, there are a few guest post spots in there I did that should count but don't. In any event, it probably evens out.

One thing I did want to talk about was the Santa poll. It was a close fought thing, but between all of the places that there were voting, Classic Santa won out. In person, I honestly think the Modern Santas look better, but I will admit that the Classic photographs the best. And considering what I'm using it for, that's pretty important.

Oh right, I wanted to also let you all know about the webcomic 364 Days Of Santa, a LEGO webcomic featuring some of my photography of, you guessed it, the Santa you all voted on! Check it out. It just got started, so comment, like, share, subscribe and whatnot!

The last thing I was going to do was to thank my loyal readers. There are countless good friends who I would never have known existed if not for the fact that they stopped by my blog and said a kind word often enough for me to know! Thanks a lot! I've had a lot of fun because of you all. To thank you, hopefully in the very near future (like when I am back at work, and KE554 doesn't have to type all of my posts), I will be having another giveaway. The last one went pretty well, and with bloggers 'subscriber' shenanigans, my followers list probably needs the help.

That's it for now, folks, here's to the next thousand!

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

5 comments:

jboypacman said...

Awesome and congrats. : )

Evan said...

Follower Shenanigans! I love Shenanigans!

CounterFett said...

Yeah, my follower count has gone up and down like 4 times this weekend. Right around that update they did.

Mik said...

Congrats on your first 1k posts, here's to the next thousand.

No 'follower' option on the Santa site? Looked like good stuff!

CounterFett said...

@ Mik: There is, you just have to reload the page. Just more of those blogger shenanigans I mentioned.