Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Finishing my Recon Boys Counts As Mantis Warrior Scouts

As part of my physical therapy, I am supposed to start practicing my fine motor skills. What fine motor skill do I miss so much that I am going to start back in the second I can? Painting my minis!
Remember these guys? These were to be my Mantis Warrior scouts/conscripted soldiery for the Tranquility campaign army I was working on. I painted the first batch of 5 some months back, but never even cracked the seal on these guys. I just got so burned out on the first batch that I never really felt like doing anything with these.

Now, the 'no left hand' thing has stunted my hobby articles so much that I feel like I am solely doing reviews of books and toys, I am desperate to get back to it. Hopefully I can start doing this now that my recovery program is encouraging such activity.

Hopefully again they will be any good. I loved the way the last batch turned out, but I haven't painted in a while, and my manual dexterity is a bit less than it was.

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

No comments: