Monday, October 10, 2011

On The Painting Table 10/10 Edition

Hey, I think I am getting better at this!




This is probably my best mini so far to date. The only thing I'm not happy about is how much friggin flah I missed. Forgot how bad those old Ral Partha casts could be. Not as bad as Finecast 'n all. I digress. All that's left on this bad boy is to give it a thin black wash to bring out the missile ports, and I plan on lightly drybrushing the fist and gauss rifle to better define those parts.

Note: This is a guest post by KE554, since Counterfett is currently out of commission with nerve damage. Stay tuned folks.

4 comments:

An Enemy said...

Is that a Highlander? Because, if it is, I don't think that's the original RP sculpt.

paws4thot said...

@"An Enemy" - You're correct that's that's not the original RP Highlander sculpt. Been there, done that, got the miniature. ;-)

@Counterfett - Ok, this is where I'd black or brown ink (black on the silver, maybe brown on the armour panels), but that's me, and my feeling that ink gives a slight oiliness in these places.

CounterFett said...

You're both wrong. But close.

It's a Highlander IIc. And that is an RP sculpt.

paws4thot said...

Well, I never liked playing Star League or Clan. That said, a Hunchback IIc in a game with no ammo limitations can be rather fun.