Friday, October 14, 2011

A Strange New Miniature Game I Want To Play...Or Create!

Yeah, something like this...
Ok, this is something I have been thinking about for a little while. I've looked around all day for something that would suit my needs. This has a bit to do with the solo game hunt earlier, but now I think I have narrowed down my wishes even a little more specifically. What I want is a game like "Orcs Must Die" or "Sanctum," which are both pc games.

For those who are unfamiliar with these titles, basically, they are tower defense games. You place defenses between waves of enemies who spawn and follow a preset path. Your goal is to keep them from escaping/getting to your defended goal. What the two named games have in common is that you also take an active role. In other words you can move and shoot personally, instead of just laying traps.

If such a game already exists for miniatures play, let me know, because I would love to not have to make something up myself. It has occurred to me while I was writing this that there might actually be some dugeon exploring games out there that might have the trap mechanic already worked out, though I doubt they have a heroic stawart defender worked into the rules.

The goal here is to have something a gamer can play by themselves, while still enjoying the miniature aspect from a hobby perspective. Again, mostly to get myself to do something other than sit in front of the pc on nights I don't feel like going out and gaming. Since much of the local crew is only interested in Warmahordes, which I don't like, or 40k, which I like a bit less recently, I find this happening more and more. I still want to play, I just don't want to play the same old thing.

Any input here would be a big help!

1 comment:

Danielq said...

Try this Zombie Assault found on Dakkadakka : http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Horror_Scenario:_Zombie_Assualt