Monday, October 3, 2011

Super Mario Tactical Tabletop Miniature Game?

It's a weird idea, I know, but since so much of my miniature gaming has been inspired by video gaming, I thought about using my favorite (if underused outside of the small screen) heroes. I thought that even a board game had not been done, but of course I was mistaken...

Looks cool, wish it was in English, because I don't read (Chinese or Japanese).
But of course, the desire to have a Mario tabletop game stems from the current bumper crop of great minifigs and accessories the franchise has had out lately. The K'nex sets alone have enough terrain to make a creditable table. Not to mention that I have a ton of good pieces (seen here and there in the blog) that would work as LOS blocking terrain or objectives. It would work best as a 1 figure or skirmish game, since players would have to keep track of power ups such as growth, fireballs, racoonity, etc.

I'm just riled up about this enough to actually try to do something about it.

3 comments:

jboypacman said...

that does look awesome!

Tomsche said...

Wnated: one chinese / english translator!

Mario! said...

That's definitely Japanese. The only thing I can read in Katakana is Mario, and it's in there.