Sunday, November 20, 2011

Top 30 Sci-Fi Tanks! Number 11!

Well, many of you know that my tabletop wargaming roots are from BattleTech, and it is quite likely I could fill up this whole list with Tanks I like from that Universe. As it is, I have limited myself to only one entry from that fine game, and today is the day it hits!

#11: Heimdall Ground Monitor Tank
Ah the Heimdall. An Inner Sphere built Clan designed Omni Vehicle. For those of you who don't know what all that meant, it means it's cool. Basically, Clan tech is lighter and more powerful, and it being an Omnivehicle means it is configurable with different weapons loadouts.
The Heimdall was designed by Clan Wolf-in-Exile to serve as a garrison force and round out it's damaged military. It's meant to hang back, hammer foes with its Laser (in its main configuration), and when they get close, grind them to dust with its autocannons. I can really get behind a role like that.

1 comment:

Inquisitor M said...

truly awesome tank for a truly awesome countdown. thanks for doing this.