Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Top 30 Sci-Fi Tanks! Number 23!

Well, yesterday marked the first full week of Tanksgiving posts, and so far it's been pretty smooth sailing! I don't want to jinx it or anything, but I'm fairly proud of myself. Todays' installment features yet another Star Wars tank. I know, that's three in a row. I swear, there are not that many SW tanks in this, they just happen to be clumped together in the rankings. This one, despite being patently less formidable than the last two, ranked higher just on sheer coolness.

NR-N99 Armored Tank Droid
Yeah, that's right, the snail tank. I fell in love with this thing when I saw them duking it out with AT-TEs during the Battle of Geonosis in Episode II. I loved Star Wars: Battlefront II because you could actually drive one of these things in a few levels, which always struck me as pretty awesome. The shotgun cannons it had were pretty universally non-canon, but fun nevertheless.
These things made quite a few appearances in the films, the most visible being the masses of them that charged up the beaches at Kashyyyk in Episode III.

3 comments:

Mike Howell said...

I like this one. Too bad my coping mechanisms have blocked just about everything from eps 1-3 from my mind.

CounterFett said...

Heh. Well, if I help you come to grips with the little bit of good that was in them, I'm on the right track!

paws4thot said...

I don't remember this appearing in Return of the Jedi?

There were only 3 Star Wars films!! (That is not a question)

Even so, that's cool design.