Monday, November 28, 2011

Top 30 Sci-Fi Tanks! Number 3!

Well, here we are folks, things are getting to the pointy end here with this countdown. Seems like only yesterday I was trying to come up with enough sci-fi tanks to fill a month with posts, and now I can honestly see the end of the line for this one. It's been a lot of work, but a lot of fun, and I appreciate all of the support you fine folks have given me on this project!

#3: The Baneblade
Here it is, the reason I got into Warhammer 40k. I originally stumbled upon Epic as a means of alternative models for my OGRE/GEV games, and decided I loved the Baneblade so much, both in form and concept, that I needed to play this darn Warhammer game. That I ended up never using the Baneblade, or even Imperial Guard in general is a moot point. This here beast is to blame!
A mighty Supertank with guns to spare, the Baneblade is only able to be produced on a handful of Forge Worlds across the Imperium. That such mighty weapons can still be crafted at all in the 41st millenium speaks greatly to the prowess and technological mastery to which man once reached.

While lacking the power of a true Supertank like the Ogre or Bolo, and the style of Siege Tanks or Hunter Killers, the Baneblade is undeniably awesome. It has earned its place in the countdown the hard way. Over the bodies of its enemies.

2 comments:

Gotthammer said...

I love the Baneblade - IG were great in Epic, so much more... epic!

My Epic army was based around a Leman Russ company supported by a Baneblade and a pair of Shadowswords. They reminded me of the 40k version of the King Tiger.

Jack said...

baneblades are pretty cool tanks, meh they kill aleins an dont afraid of anything.

but i like shadowswords better.