Sunday, November 27, 2011

Top 30 Sci-Fi Tanks! Number 4!

Hey folks, hope you are all having a fun Holiday weekend. Turkey day went pretty well for me (I am writing this Thursday night, since you all already know I am pre-scheduling these), and I hope the same is true for all of you. Anyhow, on with the countdown!

#4 SheVa
Another tank I know nothing about, it still came highly recommended by multiple people. Also, being only from fiction, it was relatively hard to find artwork of, and what I did find is...suspect.

Nevertheless, what I knew of it from the recommendations is that the tank bears a turreted gun so large that it requires cranes to lift the barrel...check. That sounds like my kind of gun, really. Sort of like the massive siege guns the Germans used on rail lines to shell Paris.

3 comments:

Abakus said...

Hey Counterfett. That's the SheVa all right! These things fire anti-air (read space) or area denial (read nuclear holocaust) munitions, and are absurdly tough to take down when fitted with extra armor.

Also, the rabbit with the switchblade is Bun-Bun from the webcomic Sluggy Freelance.I believe that crew named their tank after him.

CounterFett said...

Thanks for the confirm. This was the only pic I could find which had any substantiation or justification in the description. Since, like I said, this is from a series I didn't read, I had no real way of knowing.

paws4thot said...

This is a pretty good representation of a normal SheVa (or of BunBun pre-refit).

BunBun's field refit basically added the rocket launcher assemblies from a platoon of MLRS vehicles to the top deck of the turret.

Everything else Abakus says is correct, except that John Ringo explicitly said that BunBun (SheVa) was named after the Sluggy Freelance character (and is a fan of the cartoon).