Saturday, November 26, 2011

Top 30 Sci-Fi Tanks! Number 5!

Hey lookie there...we're in the top five! Welcome back folks, Counterfett here, and I'll tell you, I felt like I would never make it to this point. I'm not shy about the fact that I am officially burned out on this project at this point, and the home stretch looks mighty fine to me! Today's installment is the reason that all the way at the beginning of this project, in the misty pre-age that was October, I specified that I would include some of the more massive, multi legged walker type vehicles.

#5: AT-AT
The Imperial AT-AT walker, despite being one of the most loved and iconic images from the Original trilogy, still does not have that much official screen time. Nevertheless, even the current crop of elitist who loathe Star Wars because it is in vogue to do so will admit, grudgingly, that the AT-AT is pretty awesome.
With armor 'too strong for blasters' and a whopping height of 50 feet, AT-ATs come armed with the beloved of gamers chin gun and a pair of ear mounted blaster cannons.
AT-AT stands for All-Terrain Armored Transport, and true to form, they can transport a goodly sized garrison of Stormtroopers. The AT-AT was designed to be the master of ground assault, and, by and large, they are.

2 comments:

Papa JJ said...

This has been an awesome series, CounterFett! Can't wait to see how you fill out the rest of the top 5.

Mike Howell said...

I vividly remember the first time I saw these, sitting jaw agape at the local cinema. Fantastic.