Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Top 30 Sci-Fi Tanks! Number 9!

Good morning all, Counterfett here, and oh, while we're at it can you say SINGLE DIGITS! Yeah, I thought you could. It's been a fun ride, but a lot of work, and while I have certainly enjoyed the mental aerobics and typing practice this has brought me, I am eager to be done with it! Anyway, enough whining, and on with #9!

#9 AAV-5 Arclite Siege Tank
While perhaps not as heavy or as powerful as some of the previous entries, the Siege Tank makes up in cool what it lacks in boom. It's one of the first 'space tanks' I ever saw in a video game, and definitely the first one I ever saw transform into an artillery piece.
The Siege Tank is a large part of why the Terrans were such a good faction in the campaign mode for Starcraft. You could build a bunker, fill it with marines, park the tank. Build a bunker further forward, move the marines, re-park the tank. Lather, rinse , repeat, as needed.

I love the Siege Tank.

3 comments:

Mike Howell said...

Yeah, I loved the "pom" of the guns in non-siege mode. Having a minimum range in siege mode was a great design decision too.

The Dark Templar said...

A line of these bad boys, in artillery stance, on a hill – devastating!!

Anonymous said...

I know this is extremely late, but the one on top is the Arclite Siege-Tank. The one on the bottom is the Crucio Siege Tank. A newer model, and more efficient.