Sunday, December 18, 2011

Back To 40k. My Other Army Building Project!

Well, you know me, I can't ever be working on just one thing! Actually, in this instance, it's true. Since my Snow Man project is taking so much thought and preparation, I wanted a project that was a 'no brainer' in terms of what conversions I wanted and parts I needed.
See, I can color more than just Snowmen
WAAAGH! Aki had the answer I was looking for in the guise of an old 1d4chan meme called the Angry Marines. Vulgar, stupid, and hilarious, an Angry Marine project will actually let me use a fair bit of the 'leftover' parts from other Space Marine Projects. You know, the stuff that comes in the box that no one really uses? Yeah, those bitz.

Of course, being me, I had to mess with the colors a bit. I don't feel like painting more yellow. If I wanted to paint more yellow, I could finish my Mantis Warriors. So, I just reversed the scheme from Yellow with Red to Red with Yellow. This way, I can also run them as Blood Angels if I end up playing with someone who does not want to let me run a fandex.

But, again, as always, since this is me...I wanted to ask two things. I found two versions of the Angry Marines, the one Aki linked, and an (apparently) older version. Which one is the official-er of the two. Also, since my guys are colored different, should I call them something else? Like a successor chapter? Or should I just say they are angry marines and not explain the change?

1 comment:

WAAAGH! Aki said...

How about The Really Frakkin Angry Marines!?

I can't wait to see them!

~WAAAGHAki