Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Counts As Army Project: Evil Snowmen!

I have been on sort of a winter/Christmas kick lately. I guess it only took three years of being out of retail before the very thought of Christmas music did not make me want to purge. In any event, after all of the Santa nonsense, I got a bit of a snowman thing going.

I drew these a few weeks ago in a very boring training meeting we had at the office. I meant to post them some time back, but I think the problem was that it was during Tanksgiving, and I wanted to actually post something not tank related for the evening post. Then I forgot about it.
I kind of want to make a few evil snowmen miniatures now. I know there are a couple options out there already, but I might just do it from scratch. Now I just have to figure out what I want them to count as. Chaos Daemons maybe? I would say Necrons are a good fit, but I just don't want to jump on that bandwagon.

4 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

Maybe Tyranids...just do bigger snowmen for the bigger creatures.

CounterFett said...

Ooh, I like it.

sonsoftaurus said...

Synapse creatures are the only ones with top hats.

Maybe the # of coal buttons equates to their starting wounds.

Rending branches, scything scarves, ice swords, maybe a string of Christmas lights for lash whips.

CounterFett said...

Dang it SoT! You always have better ideas with my conversion ideas than I do!

As for the wargear options, I was really considering just getting the actual Tyranids parts and paint them white with a blue wash, so they look like ice.

All of a sudden however, I am pondering mistletoe as poison sacs...