Saturday, December 31, 2011

Papertoy Version 2.0: Pikachu

Literally as soon as I was done folding Link, my wife realized what I was up to, and asked, nay, demanded, that I create for her a new character: Pikachu. See, my wife loves Pikachu in Super Smash Brothers, and she watched the entire anime series with my son. So she is a bit invested in the character.

All in all, I think this one worked out pretty well. A lot fewer foibles than Link, graphically better, and I added more tabs for assembly. It's hard to realize what you are going to need in terms of attachment surfaces until after you have actually put one together. Pikachu was better, but the new and improved tabbing system was implemented on my next piece, which, barring any breaking toy news stories, will appear tomorrow.

3 comments:

jboypacman said...

Pika Pika! lol. Great looking paper figure. : )

Will you be doing any of the Mario or Halo characters in this form?

CounterFett said...

Yes. I have Mario and Luigi son already, I just haven't had the chance to print them.

I've tried Master Chief, but he didn't come out to my satisfaction. Still kind working on that.

jboypacman said...

Well i can't wait to see more. : )