Friday, December 30, 2011

Toon Link Paper Figure: Let No Good Idea Go Unstolen!

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Well then Little Plastic Man must be all flattered to heck. He has launched a new blog devoted to making his own toys out of paper over at F.A.T.S , and I saw a fun idea and ripped it right off.


This is just the prototype. That said, it came out more or less exactly how I wanted it to. The only glitch was the stripes that my crummy printer left on the shirt and hat. For the next version I will use the office printer, which has a much higher propensity to uniformity.

I started with Toon Link, for a few reasons.
  1. He's my favorite Nintendo Character.
  2. There are no good toys of him currently, and the only half decent ones that have been released of him were a long time ago (when Wind Waker came out, I think). These now command ridiculous prices.
  3. I thought I could do a good job of it.
So, whatcha think? If enough people think this is cool, I might put the templates for these up on a page, like some of the other tabbed stuff at the top. My wife wants me to do the whole cast of Super Smash Brothers Brawl now, so I might be having new versions of these, from time to time. The other thing I wanted to look at doing was Space Marine paper models for Space Crusade. Angry Marines ahoy!

3 comments:

jboypacman said...

Very nice!

Little Plastic Man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Little Plastic Man said...

I am super flattered!!
You are always invited under the Artist's Movement banner!!