Saturday, December 3, 2011

Warhammer 40k: Where I've Been!

Ok, so, for the majority of my readers who came to the blog from one of my 40k related blogrolls, sorry, I haven't been doing a ton lately. Hopefully the sci-fi tank countdown was fun for you guys. I've been having problems since I have been back to work, since my job is just as busy as ever, I'm slower at it because of my arm, and I have physical therapy on top of that to contend with.

Nevertheless, I am still trying to get the odd game in. I've been trying to set up a regular (read: not Space Hulk, Inquisitor, Kill Team, Gorka Morka, or Necromunda) game with a quasi frequent gaming friend to try out my Spartan Marine drop pod list. For those of you who don't remember them, you can read about them here.

Also, I was really expecting my excitement over the Necron release to carry me on a wave of review style posts, but that just hasn't happened, honestly. I know band-wagoneers are what keep GW afloat and support our fine hobby in general (beyond GW, even!), but maybe my exposure to more internet means I see plenty of Necron coverage out there, and just don't want to partake. The same thing happened to me with Grey Knights. I was super de duper excited, then when they came out, I sort of said 'meh!'

I hope this is not becoming a trend. Sisters of Battle flopped for me, and that was my first army (counts as, of course) way back in the misty dawn of time. Dark Eldar were fun to look at and critique the releases, but I never had a real urge to play them. I think the last release that really made me make lists and whatnot was Blood Angels, and that only because I thought it would make a good list for Mantis Warriors.

I really don't know what the answer is, though I'm trying to overcome this current wave of ennui and get back into the swing. I think a short term solution is to play some games with my Spartans, and just not start any new projects for a bit. I'll let you all know how that goes.

No comments: