Tuesday, January 17, 2012

1/6 Scale Figures: On The Cheap

Something I have been thinking about a lot lately was starting collecting 1/6 scale figures. I don't know what set it off, I've never had a real desire to do the scale before, most all of the toys I have owned in my life, both as a child and adult, have been of much, much, smaller scale.
Just look at all that gear...
There's just so much cool gear out there for the figs. Since these things are set up to be much more modular than smaller scales, I kind of just want to go with an economical base figure, then add gear for specific ideas, rather than buying new figures. 1/6 scale lends itself to this type of thing better than other scales. Plus, I'm totally sure I needed something else to collect.

Anybody know any good cheap figures for this sort of thing? We talk about it a bit on the podcast (which is not out yet) that we recorded on Sunday, and I think I know what I am going to do, after a quick tri to Target, but I am curious if anyone else has perhaps thought about this more than James or I.

No comments: