Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Future Dust Tactics Robot: The Unboxing!

Yes folks, I Counterfett, have at long last opened up that Stel I bought some time back. Once again, I give credit to WQRobb, from whom I stole this idea.
Standing on his own = Plus points. Non separate fingers = Minus points
I never planned on buying any of these figures. As toys, they are simply atrocious; underscaled, undersculpted, and very poor articulation. That said, Stel is definitely the pick of the line, with pretty decent looking sculpt, and rather nice painting applications, all told. Also, despite being fairly tall and thin limbed, he stands on his own very well! This is a lost art in toy making!
He also comes with a ring and ring construct, about which I care not at all, and I am giving to my son to play with.

I am finalizing plans at the moment about how I want to base and paint this bad boy. I am pretty sure he is going on an 80mm base, and getting an olive drab paint scheme. Think Liberty Prime from Fallout 3 and you're on the right track, as far as I am concerned.

I will either have to make him count as something for which a unit card has already been made, or come up with something myself. Have not decided there, but it's early days, yet, on this project.

2 comments:

WQRobb said...

I gave the ring to my daughter, since my son was more interested in the mini-Clockwork that came with the Ben 10 figure. Plus the ring is way too small for my big clumsy fingers.

CounterFett said...

Yeah. I never read any GL stuff, so I have no idea about any of it, I just figured my little boy can use them as parts for his other stuff.