Sunday, January 22, 2012

I Find Your Lack Of Hobby Content...Disturbing.

This really only makes sense if you've ever played Pokemon, I guess.
Yeah. My current Ennui with gaming and miniatures should probably come to an end. I was complaining to my wife the other night about how I was having a hard time coming up with things to post about, and she asked me why I didn't just 'paint the guys you just got in the mail?' She was referring of course to my EM4 Space Rangers from a few weeks back

It's hard to explain to someone who's not a gamer. I just haven't felt like it. In the old days, when I was amped, I would have those things basecoated and on my worktable IN NO TIME!

Now though, I just find myself not able to make the time to do it. Some of this is actually being busy, while some of it is just not being interested in getting them in a state of readiness without knowing what I want to do with them. The plan originally was to paint them as Angry Marines. Then, I decided I wanted to use them as the three different chapters represented in Space Crusade. Since both of those projects have, for the moment, stalled out, I'm not so sure.

Perhaps what I really need is to find something to play that really gets me excited about playing again, where I will find the need for painted minis. I will update with progress on that front.

3 comments:

Fuzzbuket said...

haha what you need is a fun project!

My example may not be quite on as you dont do as much warhammers these days but anyway:

find a project to do that you find fun! to inspire you, so if you ever lack motivation spend 10 mins on that project:

i have a few eldar banners and a scratchbuild armour core :D , or even *getting excited by the thought* a EPIC armegeddon diorama!

so find something fun! generally a mini which is great to build and has lots of cool bits to paint!

Andy said...

I had the same thing happen to me just recently! It was so "bad" that I even made a complete switch to only playing on my PS3. After doing that for a couple of weeks the motivation to paint came back.

The only thing I try to do now is paint when I want, what I want and for as long as I want not caring about projects or deadlines. Guess what ... it helps! ;-)

CounterFett said...

Yeah, AT&T had a campaign in the past few months called "YP everywhere."

It's the kind of thing you know got approved without anyone saying it out loud.