Saturday, January 28, 2012

LEGO Wave 6 Minotaur

Hi, my name is Norm!
One of the other figures I was excited about getting from this wave was the Minotaur. I've always loved Minotaurs, from just thinking they were cool villains from mythology as a kid, to playing as one in my first RPG (Dragonlance was so great), to wanting to convert the terrific Warhammer Fantasy Battle models to Cyberdemons.

Plus, there is a great scene from Phineas and Ferb about what exactly makes a Minotaur.

Anyway, this guy is pretty neat. I have no idea if this has been used before or is a new sculpt, but that's irrelevant as it's awesome! He comes with a nice two piece axe, which is overused now, but still cool, and his legs have a nice balteus painted on. The horns are separate pieces, which means the color change is distinct. The head is sculpted rather than painted which means while detail is fine, it's a little flat in color. A great minifig in any event. Get you one!

1 comment:

jboypacman said...

I have this one and just love it but wasn't sure at first if i would not care for it or not. But it all worked out great and am pleased as i can be with it.