Saturday, January 14, 2012

My Take On Warhammer 40k In 6th Edition

A lot of people have been asking me my thoughts on the Warhammer 40k 6th edition issue. A surprising number, actually, in both electronic media and real life. This includes people who I had no idea checked out my blog or knew anything about the game. I guess the news is pretty pervasive.
So, I figured if so many people were genuinely interested in my viewpoint on the matter, I had better talk about it some, even though I had planned not to address it here. This pertains to if the leak is real, fake, divine, or dropped by aliens on an unsuspecting Earth population, as well as what I want to see, what I want fixed, etc.
Really. I don't. Back in the last round of price hikes I talked about how even though it was not a conscious decision to play less, I would probably play less and buy less actual 40k minis. It came true. Most of my armies are counts-as now. The big ebay sale last fall pretty much wiped out the actual GW stock, except for my daughter's pink minis.

When (if) 6th comes out, I'll give it a look. If I like it, cool, I might use it. If not, well, I am sure that's $60-70 I can spend somewhere else.

2 comments:

WQRobb said...

I'm pretty much the same way. I've been looking at Tomorrow's War for my 28mm sci-fi gaming, and I can proxy in whatever I want for miniatures.

CounterFett said...

Yeah, that, Star Army, and Blaster & Bulkheads seem to comprise my short list.

What makes you like Tomorrow's War?