Friday, March 9, 2012

It's...Unheard Of! Playing Infinity With Infinity Models

Yes folks, as I wrote about a week or so back, I planning to get back into Infinity on my current unintentional ennui/boycott of GW. The really weird part is that I am actually planning on playing the game with the miniatures that were designed for it.
What started this whole side track was the game Binary Domain, with its fun portrayal of military/security robots. I decided a quasi generic military android would be fun to assemble, paint, and play. Since I am burned out on larger scale war games, I wanted this to be in a skirmish scale environment. Since I have already recently committed to actually learning how to play Infinity, it seemed like that game might be a good starting point for rules.
Sure enough, it has a good number of military automata from which to select. In my small bit of research, I came across Kamakuri. What a stroke of luck! Android soldiers which look similar to the ones in the game...which takes place in Japan?

This might be the first time I am going to run models in a game using rules actually designed for said models. Seems like the Twilight Zone Theme should be playing softly in the background.

3 comments:

kenchan13 said...

Gorgeous minis, insane prices though.

CounterFett said...

Yeah they are, cheaper than GW though. And you need a lot less of them for Infinity, so no hefty 'new army' budget.

Really, I might just buy a box of Necron Warriors, convert 'em a bit, and call it a day.

Loquacious said...

Doo doo doo do, doo doo doo do...