Friday, March 23, 2012

Tali'Zora Vas Normandy: Mass Effect Miniatures, The Not-So-Easy Part.

When I set out to make miniatures of my favorite Mass Effect characters, the goal was to just do a few that I really like, and would be interested in using in very low model count skirmish games. After finding Gotthammer's models over at Collegia Titanica, a secondary goal of not copying him too closely arose. In fact, of my first three models, I planned on using two different sculpts (that's not how it worked out, but I'll get to that in another post).
For Tali, I am planning on using the Hassassin Fiday from the Haqqislam faction. Gotthammer's version is an Odalisque with pretty extensive conversion. While his looks superb, I am in no way capable of that level of work, nor do I want to spend that kind of time on it.

With this figure, I have a mask that should work with minimal fuss (you all know I'm not much of a perfectionist). Things I plan on adding include greenstuffing a hood and kama/waist skirt thing. I was also thinking of adding a little material to the calves to simulate Tali's odd birdlike stance. The ponytail, of course, must go. In terms of painting, I am going to use Tali's simpler, black "space suit" alt costume from Mass Effect 3.

2 comments:

Gotthammer said...

I was actually going to use this mini but it was out of stock where I ordered from!

CounterFett said...

That's funny, since I was going to use the Sophotect for Liara, but it was out.