Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Tunnel Rat Part II: Just Look At All That Swag!

Seriously, this guy came with a ton of gear. The best part to me is, of course, the bomb disposal robot. Also included is a stand (which I couldn't even see in there, which is why it was not included in the list in the last post), the obligatory scoped M60, a laptop which opens and closes (presumably for controlling the robot), a detonator, what is either a lamp or demo charge, a 1980s cellphone, a Colt Python, A MagLite, what I still believe to be a frying pan, and a folding entrenching tool. Unfolded, of course.

They are all pretty cool, except for the frying pan. What am I missing here? What is that supposed to be? I guess Tunnel Rat has really moved into the information age. His stuff is definitely a lot more high tech than the first incarnation.

If anyone can tell me about the satellite dish/frying pan/land mine, please leave a comment.

3 comments:

WQRobb said...

It's not a lamp--it's a cook stove, I think, which would then go with the frying pan.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/11/tunnelrat12.shtml

paws4thot said...

The "frying pan" might actually be a mess pan?

If so then it would be used for collecting pre-cooked food, or for cooking on the stove/lamp.

The bomb disposal robot is cool, but they're usually driven from a device like an RC set for model aircraft. There are lots of uses for a laptop though!

CounterFett said...

Yeah, that actually occurred to me too, ut it's hard to describe...the way the piece is molded make me think it's supposed to be a part of something else. I just don't know what.

The swords and talon robots both work off a laptop, so maybe that's what the designers were thinking of, though yeah, the type of robot he comes with usually use an RC car style handset.