Sunday, April 15, 2012

Day Two Of Star Wars Fighter Pods

As promised, today is the second installment of the series. I did buy another pack of fighter pods, but I think I will stick to the original posting order for the first pack, since I want to get some of the cool ones from the original buy posted rather than have a bunch of posts in a row about troopers with little variation.
In any event, here is Commander Cody. Yeah, remember how I said his pose was not very different? This is what I meant. It looks like there was a basic sculpt for the pose, and then they added sculpt specific parts like the head, and blaster. It's not a big deal, they are still cool, and at this scale, a little parts reuse is definitely understandable.

My problem with this one, and I am not sure if this comes through in the photo, is that front to back, Cody's head is a little...flat. Also not a big deal, it just makes him stand out a bit from the other troopers, who have rounder heads.

3 comments:

Bob Hill said...

Have you played the 'game' that they're supposed to be part of yet? I've seen on the adverts it basically looks like go-go's but you use large plastic balls to knock all the figures down.

CounterFett said...

I can't quite make out how you are supposed to play to be honest.

Looks sort of like Jacks.

Dex1138 said...

Despite what the ads say, there is no set way to play with them. You make up your own rules... :\