Sunday, April 8, 2012

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer: Class Discoveries And Exploits I Hope They Dont Fix!

I can't find a picture of the actual Quarian Sentry Turret...whatever.
So, in the ongoing effort to get my single player military assets & readiness ridiculously high, I was going through and leveling all of my classes to promote. In so doing, I found my new favorite class which replaces either soldier or sentinel (depending on how I was feeling that day). It is the Quarian Engineer. Sooooooo, lets see.
  1. Incinerator Spam (yes, I like quick recharge killy spells to spam).
  2. Damage bonuses for SMGs & pistols. My best weapon is a Phalanx pistol, so that plus a lightened SMG makes for quicker recharge on the Incinerator Spm :)
  3. Cryo Blast. Zzzzzzzzzz
  4. Last but definitely not least we have Sentry turret. God this thing is awesome. 
Have a Guardian advancing on you, but you can't damage him past his shield? No allies nearby? Throw a turret behind him. Invariably he will turn to face it (!) and you shoot him in the back. Brute coming after you? Go through a doorway and throw the turret smack in the middle. The Brute's complicated pathway programming will tell him the door is impassible, and he will stop and look at it until either you kill him, or another reaper kills the turret. Seriously. I was hesitant to post this, as I seem to be the only one who noticed this glitch. Brutes apparently have no attack imperative for turrets, and will not try to find an alternate pathway. They just stop and look at it until they die or the way is clear.

Oh, and you can upgrade them to rocket launchers.
 

2 comments:

Mik said...

I actually don't have the Quarian Engineer. I have the Salarian, which is fun, but sadly no turret.

CounterFett said...

It's the coolest thing. I imagine it works in single player if you are playing as an Engie. I currently am, which is funny, because I have no points in turret. But I will soon. :)