Saturday, April 7, 2012

Not Quite Preorder Preview: Empire Witch Hunter

Those of you who have been with the blog for a while know how much I love a good inquisitor. While this one is for Warhammer, rather than 40k, it looks like it will have quite a few applications for me.

Looks like a nice sculpt. I can't paint it to that level, of course, but it's still simple enough I think I could do it justice. I like the menace in that pose, the squinty eyed gunslinger stare. The pistol that is obscured enough it will fit in most any setting. Also a positive: the skull motif is kept to a minimum. He has one, but it's nothing obnoxious. It's like he's not even a GW miniature! Sometimes I think the substitute the word 'skull' for 'cowbell.'

Maybe thebest thing about this mini? Looks like a Red Mage. Look at that feather!

5 comments:

Luckyjoe said...

That is a very cool looking mini. GW have some beautiful sculpts.

CounterFett said...

Yeah. I want to get this one, but it undoubtedly costs like $15.

myincubliss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
myincubliss said...

I rushed out and got one on launch day, which is something I haven't done in... well, ever. He's a gorgeous chap indeed (even if they have snuck some extra skulls on him, like on the butt of his gun). Inevitably, once I got home I started noticing the bubbles and miscast parts, but that's a story for a blog post...

CounterFett said...

myincubliss: That's really disappointing to hear. I have not bought any finecast to date, more from being cheap than anything else. I would be more willing to go on a linb for something like this if there were less...inconsistencies.