Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lite Brite Nite MIte

I got all inspired by Reis over at Lair of the Dork Horde and his Lite Brite art, that I decided to give something similar a shot. Now, my crap home computer cannot run a decent lite brite emulator (sad, I know), but I am an ace with MS Paint!

Basically, while inspired by Reis, this art in particular is very heavily inspired by PixelBlock over on DeviantArt. I can't link that right now, but you can find him pretty easily on google. This one is almost a straight conversion from pixels to dots, but I am planning on doing more original stuff in the coming days. Hopefully it comes out allright.

This is supposed to be Nightmare, from Soul Calibur, if you couldn't tell. The original pixels are a little more recognizable, but I think it translated fairly well. This was all done freehand, so if you look at it enlarged (which it sort of is anyway) you can see some errors, skews, gaps, etc. So be nice!