Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sci-Rifle Countdown: Day 17!

That's right folks, back at work even though the traffic today looked just as bad. It all ended up working out though, even got here on time! This is the only time I am going to post like this though, I want these back on the scheduler so that I don't have to use one of my breaks to type!

#17: Hammerburst

I will admit to being fairly familiar with the Gears of War series, despite never having played it at all. One of the things I always dug about the setting was the over the top, Warhammer 40k-esque weaponry. A premo example is the Hammerburst, a compact Locust assault rifle which (to me anyway) bears a striking resemblance to a Space Marine Bolter.

The fact that people who actually are good at this game tell me this is one serious piece of hardwear also helps its case. Basically, the Hammerburst is what many burst fire weapons in Mass Effect 3 are supposed to be: effective, accurate, and hard hitting. Plus points for steam punk grimyness, minus points for not being the game's iconic iron.

2 comments:

paws4thot said...

Yeah, I've not played the game, looked at the pic before reading the description, and thought that it was a Space Marine heavy bolter.

Fuzzbuket said...

now that i look at it thatswhat a bolter would look like without a nice blocky casing :P