Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sci-Rifle Countdown: Part 12

Good afternoon folks! Counterfett here for the exceedingly overdue part 12 of the Sci Rifle Countdown. After yesterday's post, I spent the rest of the day building a fence, then stayed up all night playing Mass Effect 2. So, sore, sleepy, and generally all beat to heck, I took the morning off. Anyway, on with the main event!




#12: GS221
The GS221 Standard Issue Rifle (funnily enough I have seen this abbreviated as SIR, like the WWZ rifle), appears in the movie Avatar. This was another reader suggestion, as I have not seen this movie, and would not have come up with this one.

That said, it does look pretty cool. I'm always intrigued when I see prop rifles, and I always want to deconstruct what they could be made of. I'm a litle stymied by this one, and I'm not sure if this was a cast, or if these were made from a core gun with a housing. I suppose I could google it, but that takes the fun out of the process!

No comments: