Monday, May 14, 2012

Sci-Rifle Countdown Part 18!

Good evening folks, Counterfett here. Sorry for the evening installment, I was playing a lot of Mass Effect since I stayed home from work today, and finally got the ending where Shepard survives. Sure took me long enough. Anyway, on with the main event!




#18: M1-L1 Triple Pulse Rifle.

Deep Rising was a corny, awful, but fun Sci/Horror romp featuring Treat Williams and Famke Janssen (not to mention the guy who played Magua in Last of the Mohicans!), but the real star of the show was the 9mm Calico carbine that some genius propmaster turned into a five barrel gatling rifle!
I remember watching the movie with friends and how heartbroken they were when I broke it to them that this baby was not a real gun! Apparently I am the only person of my acquaintance who knows anything about firearms, but that is a rant for another day.

In any event, plus points for making something this cool out of the Calico Carbine, especially since it has since appeared in many middle budget sci fi shows such as Stargate SG-1 & Smallville. Minus points for being so cursed hard to find photos of!

2 comments:

Mik said...

Ha, how ironic, just the other day I was looking this one up on the Internet Movie Guns Database, it is one of the cooler "prop" guns out there, especially with the actual rotating barrels.

CounterFett said...

Yeah, it always struck me as a great build, even if the idea itself was a bit...fanciful.