Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sci-Rifle Countdown Part 2!!

Okay folks, I am a bit of a punctuation fiend usually, so when you see me use more than one exclamation mark, you know it must be a big deal! Well, I am pretty excited since we are on the top two of the big countdown, and I have had people in the comments say that they thought both of the remaining rifles HAD to be #1. But there can be only one. Sorry, gratuitous Highlander reference.


#2 Colonial Marines M41 Pulse Rifle.


Arguably the most clever prop ever made out of a M1A1 Thompson, a Remington 870, and a Franchi SPAS-12, the M41 pulse rifle is a caseless assault rifle that is general issue to the Colonial Marine Corps in the seminal Alien franchise.

Compact, powerful, light, and fireing caseless ammunition (even though you can see ejected cases in the movie!), the M41 is an ideal solution for light infantry who must be adaptable to a variety of environments and potential foes. Oh, and it comes with an underslung grenade launcher!

Good times.

6 comments:

TheStarkLord said...

This is like my favorite gun of all time. Cant wait to see what you consider more awesome than this fine piece of colonial marine gear.
All and all great list man!

TheStarkLord said...

This is like my favorite gun of all time. Cant wait to see what you consider more awesome than this fine piece of colonial marine gear.
All and all great list man!

Atreides said...

i had this pegged for the No.1 slot! what on earth is cooler than this?

CounterFett said...

Man, either I am going to be super unpopular tomorrow, or people will be doing facepalms.

Remember, I love you guys!

Mik said...

What? Heresy!

No pressure now, right, hahaha.

paws4thot said...

I wonder; will it be the BFG-10?

Which, for the record, I didn't suggest as being "too fvcking obvious for words".