Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sci-Rifle Countdown Part 3!

Good afternoon all! I got to take off from work early today, in anticipation of the Mass Effect 3 Rebellion pack. But instead of doing my posting, or playing any ME3, I got roped into mowing the lawn, getting food, and doing some errands.

-sigh-




#3: Zorg Industries ZF-1


While not at the top of the charts (for reasons that will be obvious over the course of the next two days), this might be my favorite thing on the list. The Zoeg ZF-1 Supergun. It has a machine gun with smart bullets, a freeze ray, a flamethrower, a net launcher, and an unobtrusive self destruct. It's even enough gun to down Lelu Dallas Multipass, an avowed super-soldier toughie.

Plus, Gary Oldman sounded funny when he was telling everyone about it.

6 comments:

Sorrowshard said...

Great choice !! how could I have forgotten this !!

one wee suggestion, Evangelion japan-powered sniper rifle maybe ?

Silliest sci-fi 'rifle' I could think of...

Captain Kellen said...

You know what I do love...

... a stone cold killer. They would have immediately asked about the little red button.

I'll be in other corners waiting for the explosion!

CK

Venerable Brother said...

Ha! I've been loving this series.. great work..
The Zorg.. what a chuffin' ridiculous gun!
Silly sci fi in all its glory!
Looking forward to 1&2!

BT_Templar said...

I hope M41A Pulse Rifle from Aliens will be on the list .. I can't remember more iconic and memorable weapon in any sci-fi film.

Mik said...

"A word on firepower, titanium recharger, 3000 round clip flick with bursts of 300. With a replay button, another Zorg invention, it's even easier."

One of my all-time favorite too. I'm assuming the M41A is #1 (it has to be), but what could beat out the ZF-1 in the #2 spot?!?!?!

Stay tuned, mwahahahaha!

CounterFett said...

Uh-oh, Mik, you might be mad at me.