Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Weekly Update! The Quasi-Semi-Official Return!

Well folks, I have been in a bit of a posting slump lately. I mentioned in a post last week that I was going to be getting back into my regular posting schedule, with more and better content due to the beginning of painting season, and I think I have mostly lived up to that.



 I do want to get back to my more consistent scheduling of posts, and hopefully the fact that the rogue cold streak of the past week is gone, I can get back to painting and posting more hobby stuff. Amazingly, despite my poor painting skills, the hobby side of the blog is what really draws the most interest.

That said, here's what's on the itinerary for the next week (or so):

  • Mass Effect Miniatures. I have everything I need to start working, so I need to stop making excuses and actually get something done on these. I think I just have too hard a time motivating myself to get in the garage and really get working on this. It was easier when I just painted at the kitchen table, since it was right there whenever the mood struck.
  • Infinity. I printed and read the QSR for this amazing game, and need to just break down and play some test games.
  • Less Youtube. I watch too many videos. This takes away from my gaming, painting, and reading schedule. The same could be said for Mass Effect, but unlike that, Youtube has not had much on interesting of late. I think I shall make time from here.
  • Examiner. As much as their new reviewing tool annoys me, I want to get back in the swing of posting good articles there. It just pays so much faster than my other web properties, if I do my part.
  • The Gnome Project. I made tremendous strides in the first day of this effort, then stopped working on it.
These are some big tasks I have ahead of me. Hopefully, I can get some stuff done, instead of just thinking about it. Maybe I need to make myself a weekly schedule or some such, to really make sure I spend the time I have on the things I want to accomplish.

5 comments:

Gotthammer said...

Definitely with you on doing more painting/posting and less youtubes.

Blarg, I'm out of my rythym for posting and checking my reader - I had over 700 unread things...

Warhammer39999 said...

Youtube? I never really saw the appeal--what was so interesting on there in the first place?

CounterFett said...

@ Gotthammer. You're sort of the exception. I keep rewatching that darn reignite video.

@Warhammer39999 (is that enough 9's?): I mostly watch video game playthroughs with commentary. Mostly from guys like SSoHPKC and Lazycanuckk. Just something to listen to while I blog or post for the examiner. It got to be a problem when I was doing that INSTEAD of what I was supposed to be doing.

Gotthammer said...

Lol, glad to hear it! If you want I can email you the vid/MP3.

Also belated happy birthday - just noticed we're a day apart (27th here).

CounterFett said...

Nah, if I keep watching it on Youtube, it helps promote your channel. I'm ok with that.