Monday, June 18, 2012

Help Wanted! Comment Within!

Hey all folks, Counterfett here with another episode in the "Help me write my blog" series! This time, I have two questions, one is quasi serious, and the other is just a call for more ideas.



Question the first: I have recently begun painting...sort of. Not painting minis, I've been doing that for years. There is a subset of artistic painting that works from photographs, which I cannot do because I suck as a painter. Well, what am I good at? Paint...MS Paint, that is. So what I have been doing is grabbing screen shots, and painting them with brush in MS Paint. I was thinking about posting them here, but I was not sure if there was any interest in that sort of thing, and if so, how often I should do it, and what it should be called. Let me know.
Question the second: In the vein of the enormously successful Tanksgiving and Sci-Rifle Countdowns, I was thinking of doing another for July. I'm still a little up in the air on what the countdown should be of. I want to do Science fiction pistols, since I had a lot of good ideas on this front while doing the rifles. So, either let me know what the countdown should be, or if you are down with the 'Sci-Darm' countdown, tell me what pistols from Sci-Fi & pop culture you would like to see included.

8 comments:

Boric G said...

Since July is traditionally the month for fireworks and random explosions, how about a countdown of the best explosions in Science Fiction?

Just my $0.02.

paws4thot said...

1) I'm a big fan of fan art; until I see some of yours I can't comment much further beyond that I'm sure there are better picture and photo-editing freeware packages than Paint!

2) I like the idea of best explosions, but what about leaving that for October with the #1 best explosion timed for November 5th?

Mike Howell said...

There are always tons of things in your countdowns that I've never heard of, so anything you choose will probably be an education for me.

If pistols, Logan's Run!

CounterFett said...

Thanks Mike!

Boric, I think I might do a one of countdown on the fourth, like a 'top ten' list just that day. I don't think I can come up with enough to do a month, but it's a great idea nonetheless!

TheStarkLord said...

A scifi infantry count down would be cool. But u did something similar at some point i think. Or a sci fi star fighter/space ship count down. Give your tank list some air support.
If you do the pistol thing check out the ppg frlm babylon 5, the pistol they use in farscape (cant remeber the name but it looks awesome and is one of the most memorable weapons of the show... at least for me). And would you consider the wierding modules from the 1980s dune a pistol?
Franoly anythjng you do wiuld be awesome.

TheStarkLord said...

A scifi infantry count down would be cool. But u did something similar at some point i think. Or a sci fi star fighter/space ship count down. Give your tank list some air support.
If you do the pistol thing check out the ppg frlm babylon 5, the pistol they use in farscape (cant remeber the name but it looks awesome and is one of the most memorable weapons of the show... at least for me). And would you consider the wierding modules from the 1980s dune a pistol?
Franoly anythjng you do wiuld be awesome.

CounterFett said...

I am thinking of including the weirding modules AND the very similar Goa'uld weapons from Stargate. Not technically 'pistols' but definitely 'handguns'

Thanks for the other two, I never saw Farscape. I was thinking of including the Bab5 gun, I just couldn't remember if I liked it or not.

TheStarkLord said...

Very cool. I remeber the bab gun maybe looking meh but being awesome. Also i totally forgot about that stargate gun! Its kinda a pistol. Its a one handes projectile weapon thats close enough ;)