Saturday, June 2, 2012

More Lite Brite-esque Art: Red Mage

I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games, but I have seen a few of the earlier iterations played by other people. One of the interesting concepts in these early RPGs is the Color Mages.



Being the D&D purist that I am, this always makes me think of Dragonlance, but in FF, there is not as much of a moral connotation. White mages have the most magic, and a lot of healing and buffs, but are feeble in combat. Black Mages (and Blue in later games, though I am not as sure about how it works) have more damaging spells, but are only more useful in a fight than White Mages. Red Mages are sort of like Bards, or perhaps 1E Elves, who have a mix of offensive and defensive spells, and are still relatively handy in a fight.

Plus, they dress all swashbuckle-y.

No comments: