Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Painting with Paint™: My Main Man Garrus

Ok, well no one really responded that this was a terrible idea, so I'm going to start occasionally posting some of the art I make on my computer. I can't think of a better place to start than with my main man Garrus.


Basically this is a random screen cap from the first game that I painted over. I think I might have used too large of a brush on this one, but it doesn't bother me. I like the fairly stylized stark imagery. I guess Mass Effect brings out the impressionist in me.

Of course, I realized after I spent an absurd amount of time doing these that there was no real point to doing it this way, as there are utilities that can turn all kinds of graphical files into images appearing to be painted in different artistic styles. But whatever, it was fun!

Stay tuned for more!

4 comments:

Mik said...

It looks cool nonetheless!

Mike Howell said...

Very cool!

Your next assignment is to tape a clear sheet over the screen and paint with real paint.

CounterFett said...

Thanks!

Mike: I don't think that would work, for a lot of reasons. Not the least of which is that anyone who has even seen my miniatures up close can tell you, I'm no good with a real brush!
;)

I should have more of these going up, I have folders full of this that I've been working on. How much do you think I should post, and when?

Mike Howell said...

A weekly post with a new piece of artwork would be fun. You could schedule them months in advance too.