Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Savage Ork Big Boss: Pre-Order Critique

Ok, so there are some new Warhammer Fantasy Battle releases coming up. Most of it looks to be for Orks & Goblins, though there are also what looks like re-releases for Lizardmen in Finecast.




Now honestly, I don't play WFB, nor do I think I will ever pick it up, but since my first built and painted minis for 40k were Chaos Daemons, I sort of got myself in the mindset that WFB could be a good place to look for conversion potential.

The only thing I really like from this batch of releases however is the Ork Big Boss. And I'm not even sure why I am so enamored of this one, seeing as it is a multi part plastic kit, that appears to have no other construction options. That's counter intuitive, really.

Why release it as a box kit if there are no other options? I might be wrong on this. Heck, I hope I'm wrong on this. It looks like it's coming in at around $15, and is plastic not finecast, so it's got that going for it at least.

2 comments:

Mike Howell said...

I like the motion of the pose, but you are right that is appears to have no real options other than "exactly like the picture."

I also hate the Dr. Suess sock thing that he's got going on with his left foot. The teeth are getting a little ridiculous too.

CounterFett said...

Oh my gosh! I totally didn't notice the foot! Apparently between the 'Savage' phase and 'Boyz' phase, Orks go through a 'Grinch' phase.