Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Sixth Edition Ho!

Well, it looks like the 6th Edition Monster rears its ugly head once more. I can't say I'm surprised. I just got a handle on how to play the 5th edition without getting corrected too many times in a turn, must be time for the new edition!


Despite what I had been hoping for, it looks like the changes will be evolutionary rather than revolutionary. I see a lot of people having a good upset over what rules revelations we see in the other pages of the sneak peak, and I must admit that while I don't share their concerns, I do understand them. Especially Eldar players who are mad they got less Psy powers than the Skittles Marines.
I don't use Psykers (I always forget to use their stupid powers, so the points are better spent on more torrent fire), but I know a big part of what makes playing Eldar special is how they are supposed to be skilled and powerful masters of Psycraft. Being worse at it than a bearded Space Wolf shaman is like saying Einstein could beat R. Lee Ermeigh at arm wrestling!

2 comments:

Mik said...

At last night's gaming table one of the regulars said he might want to get into 40kv6.0, my first response was kind of a shocked, "Really? Why?"

I don't get the 'Skittle Marines' reference admittedly.

CounterFett said...

I call them Skittles marines because of all the bright colors.