Monday, June 4, 2012

Stuff I Am Thinking Of Getting Into

Hey all, Counterfett here. In my ongoing quest to get myself ensnared in as many hobbies as humanly possible, and completely squander all of my disposable income, I have stumbled upon a great new thing!



Play Arts (KAI) Figures from Square Enix. Found these because they are doing preorders now for the Mass Effect 3 line they are working on, but they also do the ones for their own franchise Final Fantasy, as well as Metal Gear. Now, I love me some Metal Gear, and since I found a great deal on a Snake from the Peace Walker game, I decided to get it to decide if I like the line and want to pre-order a Kai Garrus.


Unless Snake is super lame (which I doubt) I am probably going to pre order Vakarian pretty soon here. I'll review Snake as soon as he gets here.

4 comments:

Gotthammer said...

Reviewing these will be really bad for my wallet if they're good.
Of course I'm holding off until/if they release a FemShep and Liara, so I might be ok thanks to "female action figures not selling".

And no point getting Garrus on his lonesome as there's no Vakarian without Shepard!

CounterFett said...

Yeah, I am super disappointed that none of the ME toy lines have Liara. She's always been my favorite character. I'm hoping the line does well enough to warrant a Liara and maybe Tali.

The problem with a Shep figure is that, because the in game model is customizeable, I don't really connect with his iconic look as much as I do with Garrus, who stayed pretty similar for all three games.

Gotthammer said...

I was a little, but apparently the 2nd wave of the action figures are terrible in terms of sculpt, paint apps and general quality.

It's doubly frustrating as they released that godawful bishujo statue which takes everything great about the character and stomps on it [/rant].

Luckily my Shep is not too far from default femshep so there's a close enough resemblance for me there :)

CounterFett said...

At least your Shep carried over. When I imported my Femshep engineer, the face didn't carry. I ended up using the ME3 default out of sheer aggravation.