Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pre Order Critique: Chaos Daemons!

In a bold move to quell rumors that Tau will be redone before any other faction, games workshop is releasing pre orders for some gibbering chaos daemons. I don't plan on critiquing the finecast, because these are the sam casts they always were, just for more money. But other than that, let's talk about the new stuff!

  • Chariots of Slaanesh. I don't see why this is two different kits, but whatever. I play Slaanesh Daemons about as often as I shave my legs. Erm, I suppose since this is the internet I should clarify: I have never done either. They look like nice models, however, so if you are inclined toward scantily clad mutant chicks, you're good to go.
  • Plaguebearers! Now we're talking! Now I can finally stop running green plastic Skaven as counts as! These look pretty good, even if the swelling and sores seems to have gone a bit too far. Though $29 for ten seems a bit much when I stop and think that the last daemons I bought were bloodletters at $20 for ten.
  • Flamers of Tzeentch. These are some models that have been needed for some time, and they look surprisingly quite a bit better than the metals. 'Nuff said here. Flamers = jump infantry = win. At least as far as I am concerned.
  • Screamers of Tzeentch. Not as impressive as I would have hoped. Though they do include ONE shark fin, if you are so inclined. Why do they insist on calling them sky sharks when they are so obviously sky-stingrays? I'm not being sarcastic here guys. Can someone explain it to me? The UK is an island nation, they've seen sharks, right?
  • Nurglings. These look stupid. It's like a snowman of nurglings. Or maybe a Christmas tree. I like the old ones better, and they were only LESS stupid.
  • The Blue Scribes. A good model, one that has been needed for a long time, and something that people like playing. Also, the inclusion of the WFB rule book is a surprising bit of humor. Wait a minute, is that the sun showing from behind the clouds? A good mini that doesn't take itself too seriously? Why, games workshop, hello, I have missed you!
That's it for now folks. More as news comes in!

No comments: