Monday, August 6, 2012

Painting with Paint™- Dat Blue Girl


Too ambitious...and pixely
A few weeks ago, I showed off the first piece I did from Gotthammer's video, and it had Liara in it. She's my favorite character from the series, for a lot of reasons. Since she is such a major character, and I did so much Mass effect stuff at the start, she just happened to see a lot of screen time.



Too small a brush. Also, I spent way too much time on this one.
That's still my favorite, if not my best piece, but not content to have her lip locked with Shep, I wanted to do something a little more singular of her.

Bad source capture. Too big of a brush.
Unfortunately, for one reason or another, none of them worked out as well as I had hoped.
Blurry source image. Experimenting with dark background
I tried to post these in chronological order, again, so you could see the evolution of the style.

Duh, blue background.
Most of the differences involve brush size, filters, and raw image size. I've notated what I think went wrong in each.

Too small source image. Never paint TEXT!
I am happier with some of these than others, but I kept them all because I think they are all important, each in their own way.

I actually like this one best, but it's just a bit...blah.
Well, I think that adequately illustrates just how compulsive I can be from time to time.

2 comments:

Gotthammer said...

I like the first one under the cut the most, and the one with text is a close second (which I think worked out well).

That dude holding her hands better not get too fresh, or the real Commander Shepard's going to give that cosplayer a serious beatdown ;p

CounterFett said...

I like that second one too, but it took FOREVER, so I have pretty much abandoned that method.

Also, the brush strokes from the small brush are so tiny, they make it look like I did less work than I actually put into it, unless the piece is blown up.