Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sci-D'Arm Countdown #18


Hey all folks. Forgot to schedule this for the morning time in my furor to post all of my favorite art of everyone's favorite Quarian. But the show must go on! Anyway, busy day at work got me all tired, so I apologize if this post is one long calamity of typos.



#18: Blade Runner 2019 Blaster


I saw Blade Runner a loooong time ago. I hated it. To be fair, I was a kid, and I did not understand much of what was going on. By the time I went back to watch it again, I was older, and while I could appreciate more of it, the movie itself was a bit...dated.

Nevertheless, this primo example of the end of the 'real prop' era (what I call the days before CGI, when prop makers had to actually build stuff), was made of a smallbore Steyr rifle and some revolver parts. I do remember thinking it was a pretty impressive pistol as a kid. I asked my dad if we could get something like it, and I suspect he knew exactly what it was, because the old man honestly snickered.

Anyway, this is only the first Harrison Ford prop to grace this countdown. More to come.

1 comment:

Mik said...

Have always loved this one, lots of resin kits out there to build your own too...