Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Sci-D'Arm Countdown #24


Hey all folks, so off to a smashing good start; after forgetting to start at the start of the month, I nearly forgot on day 2 as well! I blame the fact that I have had no caffiene at all today, and I am in the early stages of dieting, but no matter! The show must go on!



#24 Republic Commando DC-15


I love republic commando. I think I have mentioned this before. It was basically a squad based shooter that was very closely based on the mechanics of the original Halo. If ever there was a franchise that could live up to a Halo-esque game dynamic, it's Star Wars!

This made the list because I remember thinking at the time that it was the coolest looking, baddest, toughest, never running out of ammo pistol there ever was. It placed so low because I based that opinion on not a heck of a lot of first person shooter experience at the time.

Sure it's cool, but it's really pretty generic. Nevertheless, it makes my list for being a big old fashioned nostalgia bomb from one of the most immersive games of it's era. I remember shouting at the screen at the ending!!

No comments: