Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sci-D'Arms Countdown #10: Double Whammy Wednesday


In the spirit of Twofer Sunday because I was lazy on Saturday, I thought I would do a freebie twofer post today. This is primarily because when I made the list of pistols I wanted to include in this countdown, I wrote down something that could be interpreted as coming from two of my favorite franchises. When I came back to the list, I forgot which one I meant. They both belong, really, so here goes!



#10 Plasma Pistol.

Nothing says loving like a handheld weapon capable of launching a white hot ball of superheated gas.


I love the 40k Plasma Pistol, even though it does not get a lot of love in tabletop circles, of late. I have all the way since it appeared in the Space Hulk expansion, when you had to flip a counter to let you know it was heated, since you could only fire it every other turn.


And not to be left out, the Halo Franchise has a similar weapon of the same name. Though I tend to call it 'easy mode.' Yes, I played through Halo 3, ODST, and Halo Reach on Legendary difficulty, primarily by grabbing these bad boys and rapid firing the crap out of every covenant jerk I could find. It even coined a term that I use in other games; the frantic clicking my wife hears when I am surprised by an unseen enemy has been termed 'panic fire' around these parts.

No comments: