Thursday, August 30, 2012

Sci-D'Arms Countdown #2: The Penultimate.

How many times do you see the term penultimate used quasi-accurately? Anyway, tomorrow is the last day of this countdown, and I'm a little wistful. I had mentioned in the comments of the one of the other post that the ranking this time around was a little haphazard, as I mostly just picked which one I wanted to post about on a given day. For the final two, however, I gave it some real thought. Today's entry very nearly placed in the top spot, though I could not quite bring myself to do it. And tomorrow you will see why...

#2: Mal's Pistol



Otherwise known as a "Moses Brothers Self-Defense Engine Frontier Model B". It's the pistol Mal carried in Firefly (shown) and Serenity. I loved this thing from the moment I saw it. Fitting in with the show's 'Space Western' theme, it strongly reminds me of the old Volcanic brand repeating pistols (google that, if you don't want to take my word for it).

While the show died an untimely death, the brave little Model B will always live on in my heart.

2 comments:

MIK said...

Wait, Firefly is over?

;)

CounterFett said...

That's what I've heard :P