Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sci-D'arms Countdown #17


Good afternoon folks, Counterfett here, bringing you your long awaited (well, one day, anyway) next installment of the Sci-Fi Pistol countdown. This one is coming this afternoon, as I didn't have my list with me thins morning at the office, since I remembered about 30 minutes after arrival that I had not posted anything!



#17 Fallout 10mm Pistol


While appearing in slightly different format in each of the games in the Fallout series, nothing can be more iconic to me of the Franchise itself than the trusty 10mm pistol. It's often the first real weapon you get, in the best condition, and with the most readily available ammunition.

I remember back in the era of Fallout 1 & 2 how I thought the 10mm pistol looked nothing like a modern firearm, but in retrospect, it looks a lot like a sig or similar service pistol with a muzzle weight or an accessory rail with light or laser.

4 comments:

Mario! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mario! said...

Yeesh, I got Fallout and Half-Life mixed up. :(

CounterFett said...

When I saw your comment I went and proofread the post, because I thought you meant I had done that. It happens to me a lot.

Mik said...

Do an image search for Ted Nugent's perfect ten pistol. It's pretty awesome, reminds me a lot of this one, and is in the same caliber!